Normally the Swish Pattern is based upon Visual Images of possible outcomes, the Kinesthetic Swish uses a similar technique to generate a move from negative to positive feelings.
- Identify Submodalities of Negative Feeling
Have the client think of the negative feeling that is holding them back and that they wish to change. Get clear on the submodalities of the kinesthetic feeling e.g. temperature, pressure, feeling etc.
- Break State Break the client out of the emotional state. Use kinesthetics (movement) to break the state completely.
- Identify Positive State & Amplify Get the client into a productive and positive state and amplify the feeling; concentrate on the submodalities especially focus on key submodalities to increase the intensity throughout the body.
- Break State
- Recall & Relocate Have the client recall the negative feeling, location and submodalities and SLOWLY shift the location and submodalities to the positive feeling locations. As you shift from one to the other ensure that the submodalities morph across into the positive locations and intensities. Be aware that this is a slow process and may take several minutes to fully translate across.
- Break State & Repeat Break the final state and repeat the shifting process several times until it becomes easier and more fluid. After a number of repeats test for automatic migration of feeling from Negative to Positive, keep repeating until a natural morphing takes place when the client thinks of the negative feeling.